Attorney For Disorderly Conduct Charleston, SC
Charged with disorderly conduct in Charleston, SC?
Police may charge a person with disorderly conduct for gross intoxication or unruly behavior in a public place. However, there are many other situations where police may charge a person with disorderly conduct. The term “disorderly” applies to a wide range of behaviors in the SC Code of Laws (Section 16-17-530).
What counts as disorderly conduct?
- Gross intoxication in a public place
- Boisterous, noisy and mischievous behavior
- Disorderly and unruly behavior
- Using profanity in public areas, such as within hearing distance of a school or church
- Discharging a firearm without good cause, either while intoxicated or pretending to be under the influence
This broad definition allows police officers to use disorderly conduct as a “catch-all” charge to justify making arrests.
A person charged with disorderly conduct needs an attorney who will challenge this arrest.
Keep in mind, being charged with a crime does not mean you are guilty. The State still has to prove its case, and the circumstances surrounding your arrest can impact the outcome of your case. Success in these cases relies upon experienced representation and a proper defense.
A person could face fines or jail time if the State does not drop the case. If this is your first criminal offense, you could end up with a criminal record. A criminal conviction can affect future employment or educational opportunities.
A person charged with Disorderly Conduct needs to:
- Avoid a criminal record at all costs, which will follow you around for the rest of your life.
- Keep your job or maintain opportunities for future employment.
- Maintain your current scholarship or eligibility to obtain future opportunities.
We Represent People Who’ve Been Charged With Disorderly Conduct in Charleston, SC
Our criminal defense attorneys have experience working with clients just like you. We understand the stress and anxiety you’re going through. That’s why we’re ready to challenge the charges brought against you and fight to get you the best possible outcome.
6 reasons to speak with us:
- We will help you figure out your options.
- We will determine your best defense.
- We are familiar with local law enforcement.
- We know our way around the local courts.
- We take the time to get to know you and the details of your case.
- We are available to answer your questions.
Disorderly conduct in Charleston, SC may seem like a minor charge, but a conviction can have a major impact on your life. It’s important to speak to a qualified attorney in Charleston, SC who knows the ropes and can help get your life back on track. Don’t leave your future up to chance.
Ready to Speak with an Attorney?
Questions about disorderly conduct
charges in Charleston, SC
Ready to Speak with an Attorney?
The Man for the Job
“ The best phone call that I have ever placed was to Tim Kulp. After going to a concert, at which I had 2 drinks, I accidentally ran a red turn signal. I blew under, and figured I could get out of the DUI myself. 2 days before the court date, I got nervous, and luckily I called Mr. Kulp. This decision saved me thousands of dollars, put me at ease and saved me from the embarrassment that comes with being convicted of a crime. People who you genuinely trust only come along a few times in a lifetime. Attorney Kulp is one of these people in my life. And if you may ever need it, I have full confidence that Tim will able to take care of a bad moment in your life. If you’re in the Charleston area, just got into a little trouble with the police, I urge you to STOP your search for a lawyer now. Save your time, and your record, call Tim Kulp. He will do the best job an attorney can do. Mr. Kulp, Austin & the rest of your staff, with the utmost sincerity, thank you- Adam. “
“ I was out of state and needed a local attorney. I was referred to Mr. Kulp. I was concerned because I did not know him, nor his ability. I can say without reservations, he is an outstanding attorney. He explains things well, makes you feel like you are the only case he is working on, very responsive, and works hard for you! I was very pleased with my outcome. If you need a good attorney, don’t take any chances by not choosing him! “
Great Attorney, Great Results
“ Mr. Kulp did a great job on my case. He was very response to me by email and really took care of me. I know he has handled all kinds of cases and has 30+ years of experience and it really showed with my case. His knowledge of the law and experience in Charleston really made the difference for me. I would absolutely recommend him to anyone I know. “
* The Rules of Professional Conduct require disclosure that this is a “Testimonial” about the attorney. Please be aware that any result achieved on behalf of one client in one matter does not necessarily indicate similar results can be obtained for other clients.
This form is instantly sent to both Timothy Kulp and Austin Elliott. We generally reply within 60 minutes during business hours, or the following morning if submitted after 7pm.